The Austin Lafferty Solicitors & Estate Agents Blog

Austin Lafferty, solicitors and estate agents in Glasgow, East Kilbride and Hamilton, provide legal advice to the businesses and individuals of Glasgow, East Kilbride, Hamilton and beyond. Get legal advice you can trust from Austin Lafferty. Below are details of our latest posts.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Login

Scottish Law

My son got burned by chemicals at work. There has been an investigation but his employers have not disclosed what caused the injuries. Thankfully he is not permanently scarred, but I feel that he should get compensation.


If a tenant in an upper flat damages the flat below, owner-occupied, who pays for the damage?


My wife left me five years ago and I don't know where she lives. I want a divorce, but don't know what to do if I can't get hold of her to come to court.


I bought a car a month ago. The left rear indicator was not operating. I spoke to the salesman then and he assured me it would be fixed. While driving soon after another problem arose. I phoned the next day and they asked me to bring the car in. I got advice from a mechanic I know and he told me that there was an engine leak problem and that is why a light kept coming on. I asked the dealer to fix it for me when doing the other repair. When I took the car in he said I would need to pay for parts and labour.


I purchased PVC windows in 2009. One of the panes misted up, then the patio door wouldn't lock. The company said that because my windows were not fitted by them, they couldn't provide a guarantee. I took my receipt and contract to them, which says I have a 10-year guarantee, with no reference to windows having to be fitted by them, but they wouldn't accept this.


So that's another season of running complete. Last week's Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run was a high point, but the final one of 2014. A long winter will soon set in. So what beckons for 2015?


I am divorced, have one son and two sisters. Can any of them contest the will?


Another one bites the dust. The Bank of Scotland Great Scottish Run has been seen off.

Two hours 34 minutes was my time on Sunday, an amble rather than a chase, but a thoroughly enjoyable outing, for me and the other members of Team Lafferty plus 15,000 others in our half-marathon. The 10k was also a triumph for its 10,000 competitors.

Online enquiry

Please enter your first name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Please enter your telephone number.
Please enter a town or city for your location.
Invalid Input
Please fill out your enquiry.
Please enter the letters shown
Please enter the letters shown
  RefreshCaptcha has been entered incorrectly.

Austin Lafferty

Austin’s YouTube Channel