Commercial Property Law
At Austin Lafferty, our expert property lawyers can help you and your business navigate the complex world of commercial property. Whether you own or lease one property or a portfolio of different property types, it’s important to have a solicitor acting in your best interests.
Our commercial property and real estate team will help address your specific business needs.
You may have strategically built up a portfolio for investment purposes, inherited property and land through mergers and acquisitions, or more inadvertently built up a collection of properties over time that you need support in managing.
We can help with:
- Acquisition or the purchase of new properties - both heritable (freehold) and leasehold
- Disposals of both heritable (freehold) and leasehold properties
- Property development - including site acquisitions, overage arrangements, compulsory purchase, pre-project due diligence reviews)
- Commercial mortgage and other secured finance arrangements
- Leasehold extensions
- General property management - tenancy arrangements, contracts and dispute management
- Planning and environmental law
- Advice on Land Buildings Transaction Tax (LBTT)
We can advise on matters across all property types including:
- Retail stores - shopping centres to individual units
- Industrial sites including warehouses and factories
- Leisure facilities which could include hotels, pubs and restaurants
- Healthcare premises including medical centres and care homes
- Sui Generis properties
Our clients include individual and commercial developers, corporate investors, charities, public authorities and businesses.
As part of our work, we regularly deal with other property professionals such as accountants, financial advisers, lenders, agents and surveyors to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients.
Some of these clients choose to retain us as consultants to be by their side advising them on their property portfolio on a full time basis. Other clients choose to instruct us as and when they need legal support to complete a deal or for legal counsel on a specific matter.
Our effective, approachable and friendly team works with smaller clients where we are their sole legal support. We also work in partnership with larger clients who may have an in-house legal team but who also require specialist real-estate support from time to time.
Regardless of the client or the project, we will work tirelessly to ensure that your commercial property matters are resolved efficiently, whilst crucially, ensuring that the solutions we adopt will also stand your business in good stead for the future.